Dec 7, 2012

Two constant things that have happened in my life almost every single day for the last couple years is my search for that "perfect" kilim rug and to find the book "The Magic Glove" by Evgenii Rachev.  This time last year I did find that perfect rug on ebay and let it slip right through my fingers.... It looked similar to this one but the color palette was off-white, gray, muted bright red, sage green and black...I think about that rug everyday and still search ebay and etsy in the hopes of finding a twin or cousin someday.


Then there's the book "The Magic Glove" of which I have fond memories of checking out at my elementary school's library, while all the while not knowing I had a rare gem in my hands. Honestly, had I known how rare this book was...I would have made color copies of it. :/ So... last night I found a copy of it in good condition on Amazon..... for $200. My heart leaped...then my heart sank! I wonder if there is anyone out there who perhaps owns this book and would like to sell it to me for a lower price of $200...or even do a trade perhaps? If not, well I do hope that you too have at least had the joy of reading this book and looking at the illustrations... a favorite folk tale for sure!  And I secretly [not any more] have a dream of illustrating my own take on it.... someday. :] 

pictures found on the site: Zeb Bakes


Lastly, this weekend is going to be crazy getting ready for next weekend's pop-up shop. However, thanks to our newly organized office and my studio space i'm feeling confident. :) And I am excited for next week to come because it's all dedicated to getting organized where I will share videos of my mom telling you just how to get started. I think you will find it very motivating and inspiring to tackle your own space. 

And...on that note, have a great and relaxing weekend :)


9 comments:

Jill said...

My mother-in-law owns that book but illustrated by a different artist. I will try to borrow it to show it to you. It is in a compilation of stories in one book.

elena gold said...

Hi Roxy! Another version that is wonderful is "The Mitten" by Jan Brett. I know its not the same, but I think you would really enjoy it, tons of scandinavian folk influence. :)

ROXY MARJ said...

Ah! You guys are so nice! I actually have two illustrated versions: Yaroslava and Jan Brett. :/ Both really great, but not "the magic glove" by Rachev ... Jill, I would love to see the one your mom has, thanks! :)

rachaelannep said...

i remember being read that book when i was in elementary school! i always enjoyed it so much :)

Alice Osborne said...

Roxaboxen! I will help you get this book. I know how much it means to have "the RIGHT book," the one that sings to your heart for so many reasons. We'll work on it! (signed, your book-lovin Mom)

Merideth said...

Aw shucks moms are the best!

ROXY MARJ said...

Rachael, it seriously makes me happy that you have the same memory!!! :{)

Merideth, please don't think my mom is buying that $200 book for me. :] I read her comment and thought that that was what she was going to do and panicked and talked to her on the phone about it, but she said that her comment meant she was gonna be on the lookout for it [she goes to a ton of bookstores often] and if she saw it for a much lower price would give me a heads up, or purchase it. .... I just felt bad and didn't want this posting coming off as "buy this for me, it's only $200" bah! nooooooo.....

Merideth said...

Nah, I didn't think that. Moms have a way of figuring these things out! Once I wanted this white ceramic dog I saw in a magazine but it was way too expensive. Somehow my mom found something very similar at an antique store for much less.

ROXY MARJ said...

Oh good! :) And what a sweet thing for you Mom to do...yeah, they do have ways of figuring it out. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...