Dec 3, 2012

This weekend we set up our Christmas tree, made some decorations for it, hung up last years, had vanilla Coke floats and then afterwards we watched The Holiday...20 min into the movie I passed out... I can't tell you how frustrating this is to not be able to stay awake for a movie all the way through....and this happens 90% of the time.  Other than that, it was a really nice cozy family night. My favorite, and even though we don't have kids right now [which we look forward too happening someday] I highly enjoy the time that Jesse and I get to spend together...alone... well not entirely alone, Harley is there. :)

Please ignore the plethora of un-finished pillows [they need covers] in our living room....so little time in the day. 


One of the new decorations I made was a Santa Claus...I like how he has a folksy/outsider art feel to him. Using an old basket bowl for the face is a great way to add dimension...also, little fabric scraps, crepe paper, glitter and a simple painted face can go a long way! I'm tempted to keep him hung up all year long.... :)



And a fun little video of me decorating our tree and some bum flexing! What?! You don't exercise while decorating your Christmas tree??? Yeah right! :-) lol Real reason I wanted to add this though is because I love how Jesse asks "Hiiiiii Roxy..tell us what year it is?" maybe it's just me, but I keep cracking up every time I hear him say that! Just one of the many funny things he does. Love him!







13 comments:

robayre said...

you are just too adorable :) :D

ROXY MARJ said...

ha! Oh yeah that...well, Jesse made sure to put the adorable filter on being filming...otherwise I look and act like an old spinster. lol

rachaelannep said...

ha you're adorable! i love this! when do we get to see jesse?

Ashley said...

Ha, so I too ALWAYS fall asleep watching movies. Love that little santa, you are amazing. :)

ROXY MARJ said...

Rachael, I actually plan on hiding our camera and filming Jesse doing one of his MANY funny impersonations. He does and AMAZING Snoop Dog...I will try and put something up this week. ;)

Ashley, you and I should try and watch a movie together! ahahaha lol Actually, You, my best friend Megan and I should all watch a movie together...She's the same...maybe a little worse. :p

Evie said...

haha so sweet! love your santa face too he is wonderful. i have the same thing with movies my husband alway teases me for never seen the end of the movies : )

ROXY MARJ said...

Thanks Evie! :-[) Well gosh, I am starting to wonder now if this is a girl thing? My ex-husband would get so upset with me if we were at a theater that he would pinch me constantly to try and keep me awake. Needless to say I didn't go to much movies with him at the theater...but not to get all sad, he's a weirdo anyways! Do you have a trick for trying to stay awake? I just ask Jesse that we watch a movie before 8pm... :/

Merideth said...

I like real trees too, but they say that the fake ones are more environmentally friendly so I guess that is some consolation... sorta. Maybe if I put snowflakes on my tree we'll get snow here in Illinois...? Also, this video is cracking me up! Thanks for sharing!!

ROXY MARJ said...

Merideth, you are very right. There is definitely consolation to having a fake tree...plus, Jesse said that there are less home fires going the fake route. It's not all bad. In all honesty though...the tree hasn't been an issue...it's those weird LED lights...they said "warm white" on the package but they look green all the time... :( I wouldn't suggest them. p.s. you should TOTALLY put snowflakes on your tree! And glad you like the video...:-[)

Alice Osborne said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! And yes, you ARE just too adorable! Mom

ROXY MARJ said...

oh thanks Mom.;) lol

Sarah Larsen said...

Roxy! This made me smile so much. I remember coming to your place last year at Christmas time, and it had a similar feel. That simple, yet so unique and quaint feeling. Did you have crows with little party hats on? You and Jesse are such fun warm people. AND YOUR LAUGH! I love your laugh.

ROXY MARJ said...

Sarah, I confess, I feel like I could do anything and it would make you smile. :-[) lol Those types of people are great to be surrounded by. :) hehehehe lol I actually don't have crows with the party hats this year... .I TOTALLY forgot about that! Ah! And I donated all of them but one...I will put a hat on him today, thanks for the reminder!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...