Nov 27, 2012

What does this vintage cast iron lid...


and these sparkly leaf branches have in common? 


together they make a little dear named Hamlet. :) 


I saw this lid at the thrift store last week for 50 cents and instantly knew what I was going to do with that guy! When I brought it home, Jesse asked if there was a pot that went with it....I WISH, if so, there would be no Hamlet and instead there would be stew.... hmmm stew or Hamlet? Hamlet! This little guy was added to the few Christmas decorations I put up today...we don't have a ton, which I prefer... and it makes me feel like i'm living in Little Women... but cutting paper snowflakes...now those are something you can never have too much of. My mom & stepdad's house has at least a couple hundred hanging from the kitchen/dining area, each year more and more are added...I must be sure to take a picture to share on here! 


p.s. I wrapped tissue around the lights and then glue-gunned white pom poms on the strand for a touch of whimsaaay. 



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Got my letterpress business cards replenished yesterday from the fantastic Zach Jones! 
If you're in search of someone local [in Salt Lake City] to do letterpress anything for you, I highly recommend this guy! Jesse suggested I use these cards to hand out for when I meet people and then just make separate one's to go in my packages that I ship off...


those guys look like this [below] and I will be picking them up soon from Alphagraphics. Excited to see how they turned out! I love this company and the service they provide. Not getting paid to say that...it's just so nice to find people and or companies that work really hard to provide you a great product. :]


7 comments:

Abby said...

Great idea with those tissue wrapped lights! Your mantle looks great.

rachaelannep said...

"touch of whimsaaay. " definitely made me laugh out loud at work. cute stuff, missus! i need to get into some holiday decorating! i suggested to my housemates that we should each get a wreath and decorate it to our own tastes. how does that sound?

Lanapelana said...

Ohh Roxy, I love it!! I love your style!!

ROXY MARJ said...

Thanks Abby! Oh, I realized from reading your comment that I meant to say "wrapped using streamers/crepe paper" I will fix that. :) Our mantle [as you probably noticed] is in mid repair right now...and won't be worked on till the spring...however, I do like the exposed concrete...kinda feels a little European/old world style. :[]

Rachael, sorry to make you laugh! lol Good thing you didn't have any liquid in your mouth! :-[) I love your idea of you and your roommates making your own wreaths. So fun, especially because there are so many different Christmas "style" to choose from and love...when Jesse and I have kids someday I am going to remember your idea and do that with them!

Lana, and I love your style!!!<3 :-[)

Merideth said...

Your mantle is so so cute!

I think I remember you posting a photo of the snowflakes at your mom's house - just tons of them hanging over her dining table. Such a beautiful idea. Maybe you have a few good snowflake templates? (Actually, I would definitely BUY snowflake templates from you, say, if you had a kit for sale or something like that - just an idea!)

ROXY MARJ said...

Thanks Meredith!

Ah, I must have posted a picture then because you described it right on...I was going back through my blog but couldn't find it....hmph! About the templates, I was just telling my mom the other day that I am going to start selling templates for some other things that I've made, but I never thought to do snowflakes! That's a great idea and i'll do it and when I do, I will send you some free ones! :-[) xo

Merideth said...

Yay! Can hardly wait!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...