Jun 22, 2012

Yesterday I got my haircut real short again, which I like a lot. But I was worried that maybe it would make me look older...anyways, this morning when Jesse and I woke up...he told me again how much he liked it really short. But  I did want to know his opinion on how it made me look age-wise. This was his response:  "Honestly Roxy, I don't think your haircut makes you look older, however I do think you look older when you are sad and depressed..but when you're happy and in a good mood, you look so much younger." I appreciated hearing that and I know I needed to hear it! Lately I have had some major downs...<- tis the season? Who knows, either way...being sad doesn't fix anything.

 I have been thinking about what Jesse said all this morning and realized that for me, being happy is the best beauty trick ever, it's the fountain of youth! And how quick I have forgotten that my favorite accessory one can ever wear....is a genuine smile. :-[)  I was also reminded of someone I knew growing up who when she was not nice, she looked so old and ugly, but when she was nice and happy.....she was the most beautiful lady. Perspective is so interesting huh....

So in honor of being happy, I thought it best to make some happy faces. And the whole time I was drawing them...I realized I was smiling. I love my husband! :))


1 comment:

fnjkeankjaen said...

This is so right, we all know it but it's always good to be reminded. Smile smile smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...