Jun 18, 2012


This picture is currently hanging in one of our guest bedrooms downstairs, it's covering up a huge black spray-painted spot on one of the walls. I'd love to meet the person who decided to do that. Anyways, the quote from Jane Austen on top of the picture is a vinyl that I designed while working at Uppercase Living. Too bad they no longer have it. :( 



I wish I would have cut out more of my vinyl designs when working at Uppercase, because I want to put a quote over the top of this picture [below] that Jesse and I recently acquired. I'll just have to paint it by hand ...I am trying to find a nice saying to go with this one..any ideas/favorites?.....I also really love this Painting of Christ, it has kind of a "Sleeping Beauty" feel to it don't you think.... 

While unpacking more things the other day, I came across my beads. I love coming across old familiar things...even if it's been a couple months since you've seen it. Whatever it is, it usually feels brand new all over again. I haven't made myself some jewelry in awhile, and so I played with them for awhile and came up with some new ideas of what to make. The creative process is so interesting...because I went back to the beads again today and saw even more new ideas that I didn't see on Friday! 


I thought these designs would make for some cute barrette's. Although,
I am not totally sold on the mushrooms...those should probably just be strung.


These are my favorite though. I made the muslin pieces my Sophomore year of college when we started draping with the stuff at school. I got really obsessed with muslin, and the infatuation hasn't ended. It's such a fun, diverse and super affordable fabric to work with. These guys will be made into necklaces. The beads to the right on the muslin piece are from the 1930's. Pretty huh. :)



Lastly....

I mailed one of my Tilly Brooch's last week to none other than my dear friend Tilly.... whom my character was named after. :) And because I love to wrap gifts/packages and I love to see how others wrap things too, I thought it best to animate the process. A nice way to make a package feel even more special for your recipient: wrap in fabric! Especially when you find loads of it for next to nothing at the thrift store, AND in fun unique prints. 

Tilly Brooch Goes to the Post Office


8 comments:

Jesse Lee Barrus said...

Gotta love this chick.

thu sarah said...

I LOVE the sleeping beauty Christ picture! cool mash up of one of my favorite disney's and my faith....I instantly thought of John Muir when I saw that painting...one of his quotes would be awesome maybe...they are a little heavy but they could fit:

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

OR

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
John Muir

I also thought of the hymn 'For the Beauty of the Earth'. Good luck!

ROXY MARJ said...

Jesse, you're too funny. :]

Sarah! Hello there! And THANK YOU for your suggestions! I love them all, but I think I am gonna go with your first one. That is so perfect, and I probably wouldn't have found it! :) xo

p.s. For the Beauty of the Earth is my very favorite Hymn...they sing it in Little Women around the tree!

Anonymous said...

ROXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved what you got me, I wore my broche to work today!!!

love you.

TIll.

ROXY MARJ said...

TILL! Please tell me you took a picture of you wearing it? :-[) lol xo next time!

fnjkeankjaen said...

You definitely wrap stuff in the best way and make the best envelops! x

Lindsay Kay said...

BAH! I love it all. This makes me miss you so much :) Love the quote. We need to get together for dinner soon. Text me :)

Sarah Larsen said...

That design was a good one. :)and a good quote too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...