Oct 19, 2011

This weekend, Jesse and I got together with his family to do their annual tradition of pumpkin painting. I was channeling Nightmare Before Christmas... everyone's pumpkins turned out great! 


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Then last night, my mom took me, my lil sister Mari and our cousin Jessica [who was visiting SLC from Oregon for work] out to dinner. We ate the top of the Joseph Smith building in the Garden restaurant [?] Their food is nothing to rave about...but it is fun to be up there to see the view of the Salt Lake City Temple [pictured behind us] and then last night around 2 am in the morning I came down with a mini case of food poisoning that didn't go away till just a couple hours ago. :/  But if asked to do it all over again...I would. It was a lot of fun seeing Jessica and being around her bubbly personality! We hadn't seen her in about 20 years...so it was a fun little reunion! :)

[me, Jessica, my sister Mari, and my mom]


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yesterday when my mom came over before going to meet up with Jessica and Mari, she pulled out a book that she found for me which she said reminded her a lot of me and my paintings and love for prints.  I had never heard of this illustrator but I am in looove with this book's illustrations! You can easily find it HERE ON AMAZON starting at just $2.38! 

Don't you just love her cloak!? I am going to make my own little version of this once I get a couple projects out of the way....





<><><>

Here is another book that I want to share with you all. I recently found this book at one of my favorite thrift stores.  It is always so exciting when you come upon an amazing score. This, book and a few others are definitely my scores for the month! You can also find it over at Amazon just starting at $3.59! 

What I love so much about this book Ilenka, is the color palette and the limited use of color. I am attracted to vintage children's book's for this reason. 




Isn't this page so cute. The animal head masks have me wanting to make my own!





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, with the little amount of energy I had today...I made these two little hanging items from my painted paper.  I love making things like this because it just proves that one does not need a lot of money to be creative. A lot of my friends [AND JESSE] often here me say that if I ever have to go to Jail [I actually had a freak out 2 winters ago thinking Sallie Mae was literally going to take me to jail] then all I need is a lot of paper, my muji pens, and hopefully some paint if they allow. I would really be content. :-p


* This craft seems pretty straight forward [to me] on how to make...but I will have an upcoming tutorial in a day or two on how to make your own version of these. :)





1 comment:

Jessica Marie said...

Roxy, it was so wonderful seeing you, your mom, and Mari! About time right? :) I am sorry you had food poisoning. :( Congrats on your new job! Its sounds exciting! Best of luck to you and I hope you enjoy it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...