Jun 14, 2011

It is always my luck when I write something on my blog like "check back later tonight for my tutorial..." Well I couldn't find my sticker paper last night to document the plate tutorial for you all...and I tried looking for it this morning but no luck till 5 min ago...and now I have to get ready for work. Anyways, long story short : That tutorial is pushed back to tomorrow. For now, I have a super easy and quick project for those of us who have radiators in our homes/apts. and don't have them covered.  Since we are renting and plan on hopefully buying a little house this year, I couldn't justify actually making some hardwood radiator covers. So till that happens, I just covered them in fabric.






<><><> 

There are just a coupl things about living in Utah that I struggle with. My main item would be the lack of "designer" resources here in Salt Lake City... you would think for all the people out here who sew & quilt that it would be a mecca for all things fabric, thread, accessories hardware, body forms etc... but it is slim pickins my friends. There are so many things that I would like to make [accessories-wise] and wish I could just hop on over to the garment district in Manhattan, but alas...not right now.  I have been drooling over a couple items from Toast - These ADORABLE and non-cheap looking striped espadrilles...and their canvas haversack, an item I would like to make for myself this summer...but where to find that hardware? Well, in situations like this - Thrift Stores act as a saving grace, and for a bag like this: Army Surplus stores. I usually end up buying an unattractive bag at the thrift store just for the hardware, and most of the time, this ends up being cheaper than the hardware itself that I would purchase in Manhattan. Turning lemons into lemonade. One day at a time. :)



<><><> Lastly <><><>


Totally random but sooo soo funny! Forgive me if I have already posted this on my blog, but I can't stop watching it ~ especially when I need a good laugh! May I present to you: SEXY SAX MAN!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...