May 25, 2011

Hello hello! Today I have a fun little project for you all.  Those of you who go to the thrift store and often see beautiful silk or rayon tops that are way to big for you and dowdy looking might want to read on. :) I love to sew but some days I want my instant gratification. I want to snap my fingers and *poof* the coolest piece I've designed in my head is made. I love looking for big ill-fitting tops just as much as ones that actually fit me, because the big ones just need a 1,2,3 quick change with this little method.... and you kinda get to skip the draping part that takes quite awhile [not that it's a bad thing]. Try it for yourself, it should take about under an hour to reconstruct.





<><><>

And then while you're sewing.... how about some good work music? :) 





6 comments:

Andrea Jolene said...

Ms. Roxy... love the shirt... but even more... I LOVE your HAIR! Welcome to the world of short sassy haired girls. It's a little more fun ;)

Morgan Rapp said...

Hey Roxy. I don't know if you remember me, but I use to work with Jesse... anyways, just wanted to say that I enjoy your blog! I want to try making a shirt like this. It seems like a good place to start with my lack of sewing skills. I also heard that Jesse was changing jobs?

ROXY MARJ said...

Hey Andrea!!! :-[) Ahhh thanks for your compliment! I do love me some short hair. I go back and forth with long and short. Love both them styles and feel it is a good way to mix things up now and then... :) xo

Hi Morgan! I do remember you! :) Restyling a top like this really is a good place to start if one hasn't sewn a whole lot. Don't hesitate to contact me with questions if you have any...always happy to help. :)

libbie said...

You're AMAZING Roxy!!

denise said...

cute hair cute shirt! i will never pass up an xtra large shirt with a fun pattern again!

ROXY MARJ said...

Libbie, YOU'RE AMAZING and sooo funny! :{)

Thanks Denise! There are extra large shirts out there to be had my friend! :-[)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...